Monday, June 21, 2010

CRASH

i'm not even sure how to write about this. it's something that is close to me because it effects my daily life. i have to make different plans, take medications and mind schedules in an attempt to stay healthy.

and it all came crashing down this weekend. i had not one, but two seizures on saturday. so, for those of you who don't know, i have epilepsy.

i've never had two seizures in the same day before. it was terrifying. the boys rushed me to the ER just to get me checked out. i had some lab work and a CT scan done. everything seems fine.

since i got home from the hospital, i have been going over what went wrong. part of me knows that i shouldn't because reliving the past isn't going to solve anything. i can only move forward. so i need to focus on what to do from HERE to prevent another seizure. but part of me can't help but wonder if it will help to speculate, if even just a little bit.

i guess what is disheartening is the information is nothing i've never heard before. i need PLENTLY of sleep. LOW stress lifestyle, emotional and physical. LOW alcohol consumption (max. 3 drinks/day) so the alcohol does not interfere with my meds.

however, i have the tendency to live like i am wonderwoman. i think i can do anything and everything. i want to live my to the fullest. and that involves me being active and doing things. everything. i just have to work on finding a happy medium. doing the things i want to do while providing everything my body needs to be healthy and seizure free.

but, a caveat, i can't prevent seizures, just prolong my life without them. i asked my neurologist what i can do to prevent seizures. her reply,"nothing." so basically if they are going to happen, they are going to happen. i can only do what is listed above and hope it helps. it's a thin line. and it's exhausting enough just thinking about it.

sooo. i am only one woman. i will do all that i can do to stay healthy and seizure free. because i know my seizures are more stressful to those who love me than myself.

thank you everyone for taking amazing and wonderful care of me this weekend! i love you all so much and i don't know what i would do without you!!

No comments: