as you know [or should know by now] keith and i have quite the love affair with OBX. we were almost overwhelmed with the thought of spending an entire week there [are you kidding?!] we didn't know what do with all of that time.
some of the things we did were old favorites...
- outer banks brewing station [surprisingly we only stopped in once. i am disappointed in us.]
- currituck beach lighthouse
- the good life [x3] [it's our favorite place to get breakfast.]
- trio [beer, wine, and cheese shop. it's too good not to go.]
- manteo/elizabethan gardens
- poor richards [yummy sandwich shop/bar in manteo]
- mini golf/pamlico jack's for painkillers afterward [we did this during our wedding week. we had to continue on with the tradition.]
some of the things we did were new adventures...
- weeping radish [GO THERE NOW. the food is amazing. the beer was pretty good too. all made in house. it is definitely my kind of place.]
- avalon fishing pier [scariest pier i've ever been on.]
- tommy's natural market "sip and sample"/waterfront shopping [all of this was in duck. tommy's is a great little natural food market. however, the free "sip and sample" left us desiring more. there was plenty of food to sample, but the sipping portions were for that of a very small child, if that. oh well. you don't know unless you go. and now we know.]
- duck donuts [OHMIGOSH. that is all i am going to say about that. and that they have FOUR locations on OBX!]
- full moon brewery [it is located in manteo and was much better than we expected. we've tried the restaurant and didn't care for it much, but i kept seeing ads for the brewery, which is only 2 years old. so i was like, "let's just try it out." and we were glad we did. we will definitely be back.]
some of the things we did were in celebration...
- ryan and stephen got married! so we had a small "surprise" reception for them when the returned from maryland on tuesday night. it was very sweet and lots of fun. it included our signature drink, the painkiller, food, cake, and you guessed it...champagne!
- on friday it was my cousin, erin's, birthday. we had cookies, cake, and of course, champagne!
- we toasted to and celebrated vacation and our family...A LOT.
now that we have been home for almost 2 weeks, i still really miss the beach. a lot. it gets harder and harder to leave OBX each time. our hearts are there. in due time, our lives will be there too.
til next time, OBX.....