i love christmas. so i saw this survey on my friend, kimberly's blog. and i thought it would be fun to fill out. kimberly, i hope you don't mind me sharing your blog!
Merry Christmas Survey!
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
i like receiving wrapped gifts. but i am not going to lie, i prefer to give gift bags...its so much easier!
2. Real tree or Artificial?
well, i grew up with an artificial tree. sooo....i guess that is my preference? i love the christmas tree smell of real trees. but hey, they have candles that do that!
3. When do you put up the tree?
technically, never. ever since keith and i have been together, we've been poor college students. so we don't share this tradition, yet.
however, growing up, we'd put the tree up the weekend after thanksgiving.
4. When do you take the tree down?
sometime after the new year.
5. Do you like eggnog?
hell yeah. we made our first real batch of egg nog this christmas. and it got rave reviews.
6. Favorite gift received as a child?
my parents have a picture of my being very excited about getting a toothbrush in my stocking...hahha.
i remember my first stereo. that was a big deal because it had a CD player in it. ooohhhhoohhh. and my first cd? color me bad. oh yeah.
7. Hardest person to buy for?
8. Easiest person to buy for?
9. Do you have a nativity scene?
nope. but keith's parents do. does that count?
10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
well, if i did christmas cards...i'd mail them out. i promise, next year. well, maybe.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
hmmmm. when i was 10 or 11, i remember getting some sweater outfit from my parents (aka "santa") and totally hating it. but i didn't have the heart to tell them that. i guess now they know...
12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
after finals. so that means december.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
no. that's not very christmas-like.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
sweets and things that are bad for me.
16. Lights on the tree (colored or clear)?
Colored. christmas is the most perfect time of year to go overboard and to be tacky.
17. Favorite Christmas song?
i don't know if i have a favorite. i just know them all thanks to four years of choir. when i was a kid jingle bell rock and winter wonderland were favorites.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
stay home! our families are close, so it's easy to do!
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's?
On Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, and Vixen, on Comet and Cupid, Donner and Blitzen! i will have to give credit where credit is due...i simply copied and pasted this answer from Kimberly's blog.
and of course, we can't for get rudolph!
20. Angel, star or ribbon on top of tree?
well, if we had a tree, i'd opt for a star. it's what we had growing up. so it's all i know. and all that seems right....
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
on christmas of course! what a silly question!
22. Favorite children's Christmas song?
didn't i just answer this question? aren't christmas songs really just for the children anyways?!
23. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?
24. Favorite ornament theme or color?
lights and glitter. we have never had a rhyme or reason to our ornaments. but lights and glitter are an important piece to decorating!!
25. Turkey or ham on Christmas day?
26. What do you want for Christmas this year?
i got what i wanted. two wonderful days with my two wonderful families :o)
27. Does anyone in your family dress up as Santa?
no. but dad should. because he plays the part of santa at our house. he is the one who hands out the gifts.
28. Age you discovered who Santa was?
i can't remember....10ish? it seems like my parents were ready to tell us. by accidentally telling us the truth about santa.
29. Eggnog, hot chocolate, or apple cider?
they all sound great to me!!
30. Traditional colors (red and green) or other colors?
31. Do you have any Christmas decorations on your roof?
32. How does Santa get into your house?
33. Do you prefer gifts or gift cards?
sometimes. it depends who it is from.
34. Favorite children's Christmas Cartoon?
charlie brown's christmas? frosty the snowman? i don't know...i haven't watched them in years.
35. Favorite Christmas Memory?
as kids, my brother and i would have to wait to go downstairs on christmas morning. we'd have to wait for my parents. it was such torture. but in the end worth it because we'd all go together to see what "santa" brought. and then spend the day opening presents!!
i hope you all had the merriest of christmases!!! and happy new year!